The project is coordinated by Ineco and divided in 6 work packages:
The objective of this work package is to implement appropriate mechanisms to complete the project on-time with the required quality and making the best possible use of available resources.
To define a test process framework that will support the shift of testing from site to lab optimising the test case coverage model and exchange of information.
Definition of specific lab architecture, based on existing solutions at national level, in coordination with S2R JU member’s participating in S2R-CFM-IP2-01-2015 – Zero on site testing framework.
Implementation of the specific lab architecture defined within this WP.
The overall objective of WP4 are the following points:
- to define a demonstration plan and a set of common test specifications
- to carry out 3 basic demos
- to collect and analyse test results
- to draft a test report
- to prove lab testing capabilities of the architecture and methods proposed in WP2
The core of the test developed in this work is ERTMS but, as stated in the Shift2Rail Master Plan, the IT virtualization platform developed here will be generic and open to support the architecture for test environment and communication (e.g. RBC-RBC, RBC-IXL, IXL-IXL, etc)
Together with its main target, the demonstrator will combine multiple benefits, in particular:
- Check of the effectiveness of the architecture and related interfaces developed in WP3;
- Check of the effectiveness of the remote testing approach and specifications to meet the actual expectations of the railway sector;
- Verification of the repeatability of the results obtained in different independent laboratories;
- Preliminary check of the compatibility of a Spanish ETCS BL2 On board unit in commercial operation in the Spanish
- HS network with the trackside with ETCS BL2 installed in an Italian line.
The objective of this WP is to assess the test process framework and architecture proposed in WP2 and WP3 and the results achieved in the demonstration in order to use it in the CCS APIS process.
Dissemination of the findings to achieve maximum awareness in the railway industry by means of this website, linked in, participate in conferences. Also a close coordination with S2R and a collaboration agreement with another project belonging to IP2: X2RAIL-1